Saturday, July 7, 2012

Quick Hits From Smed's


I'm still in "purge mode", so I'm grateful that guys like Smed's Baseball Card Blog are around with want lists and such. I have cards that you need, so you should take them. Thanks, everyone!


Meanwhile, here are a few cards that I needed, courtesy of that same Smed's guy. These red bordered Target wonders look fantastic when they're featuring the Birds on the Bat. I would be a lot more excited about the 2012 Topps set if they all looked like these cards (and only featured Cardinals, I suppose.)



I don't know why "Fleer" decided to do this with their usual gold Ultra parallels in 2005. The whole "one rounded corner" thing looks like garbage.


As I've mentioned previously, I liked the black retail Heritage cards better last year. This year it just doesn't have the same effect.


On the other hand, I'm usually not excited about Chrome'd out Heritage cards at all, but I think this year's versions look pretty terrific. Maybe it's because I'm not totally sick of them yet.


Scott Rolen. SCOTT ROLEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.