Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Edmonds for Me, Edmonds for You... No, Just Me


"The Angels, in Order" blog needs your help. He's got a Tim Salmon want list the size of an office building. If you're anything like me, you probably have plenty of extra '90s cards laying around, so you should check it out.


I'm plugging the blog, of course, because several weeks back I got some random Angels Jim Edmonds cards for my collection more or less out of the blue from TAIO (or TA,IO if you prefer.) There's really nothing I like better than Jim Edmonds cards that I don't already have, so this was a nice surprise.


Jimmy is, you know, riding a wave here. With his bat in tow. In the future. Great stuff.


If there's any down side to all of this, I absolutely cannot stand the Angels in the Outfield era jerseys that the Anaheim team used to wear. Anything they've worn previously or since is highly preferable. This is not a good look.


Finally, I picked up a couple of nice Edmonds gems at a card show last month. This is just a grey swatch, but there's some stitching visible here.


Aside from the strange placement of the Leaf logo, this is a great card. I was very excited about it when I saw it at one of the dealer's tables. To my knowledge, this is my very first Edmonds autographed card and it was very affordable. It makes me wonder why I ever buy cards in packs and boxes when I could have something that I actually want to keep just by digging through a few boxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.