Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wacha Wacha Wacha


So close, yet... the magic number is reduced to 3.

Cardinals rookie Michael Wacha was within a sliver of pitching a no-hitter tonight. As aggravating as it was to see the Cardinals get so tantalizingly close to their first no-hitter in more than a decade, I was relieved that they won the game. It was a fantastic outing by Wacha on a night when the offense really needed it. I also discovered tonight that I don't have any Wacha cards to post on the blog, which is a huge tragedy.


Instead, I offer this year's Allen & Ginter Stan Musial Across the Years insert in its place for some reason. Erin discovered the imperfection after I won this card from Listia, as she noticed that the back of the card mentions a fictitious team known as the St. Luis Cardinals. It would be fun if Topps spent their free time fixing errors like these rather than intentionally creating their own "variation" cards, but the reality is that they probably only run the presses one time and there would never be a scenario where an error was caught before they stopped printing the allotted amount of cards for any given set.

But what do I know? I'm just a sucker with no Michael Wacha cards. Unless there's one in my stacks of unsorted trade post fodder. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.