Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Eagles Cards from a Cardinals Fan


Yeah, I know. Not a football blog.

Reader John H has claimed some Cardinals cards that I had to get rid of (still have a lot of those!) in the past, and he kindly responded recently with some Philadelphia Eagles cards. While I am interested in your excess Eagles on occasion, I am going to try not to focus on it too heavily here. Still, since I haven't had much of a chance to post about stuff John has sent, I thought I'd show a few here tonight.

First off, Casey Matthews' card presents a bit of a conundrum. Matthews, the younger sibling of Clay Jr. (and son to Clay Sr., of course), is a Duck first and foremost. He goes into my Ducks binder. My Eagles cards don't even have so much as a binder, just so you know where my priorities lie.


Randall is my favorite NFL player of all-time. This is a great card. I'm not sure if it's a parallel or just Bowman (Topps) trying to be fancy, 1993 style. Cunningham got me into the NFL game by way of his dual threat game. I wasn't terribly interested in the three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust style of the game and still am not. Are you surprised that I'm a Ducks fan?


I still maintain that Donovan McNabb was a great quarterback. He never had a single season as impressive as, say, Dan Marino, but his career more than holds up.


Here's a classic card from the first and only valuable Score issue in any single sport. I think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.