Monday, May 11, 2020

It's Break Time! Sign Up Here


2019 Topps of the Class -- Mini Group Break 

It's been a couple of years since I've hosted a break here, but I managed to acquire 20 packs of this promotional set released by Topps last year, intended to be distributed to students as part of their rebooted "Topps of the Class" program. This is a 100 card set which uses the same design as 2019 Topps Big League, but instead features the Topps of the Class logo and different card numbers. There are also limited inserts (numbered to 299), although there were all loose packs so you have to assume they may have been subject to pack searching. Each pack contains 5 cards.

In typical Cards on Cards fashion, this break will not require a traditional form of payment. By signing up for the break, you are pledging to -- at some point in the future -- send me one card from my want list. It doesn't have to be today, or next month even. We all know how things are in the world right now. These packs won't be opened on video, but I'll do a post after the break is full to show off some of the highlights if you'd like, unless you want to be surprised.

All cards will ship in the popular PWE format. With my methods, I can send up to 6 cards in an envelope this way, so I will plan on including bonus cards whenever possible.

If the break doesn't fill within a couple of days, I will open this up for anyone who has signed up to choose a second team.

Teams must be claimed via comments in this post. You should be able to do this anonymously even if you don't have a Google account. As long as you can verify who you are with a follow up email or Twitter message, this should be fine. If I don't have a mailing address for you on file, please reach out to me via email or Twitter. If I can't get your address in a timely fashion, I may end up opening up the team you claimed.

Enjoy!

Arizona Diamondbacks - 
Atlanta Braves - Tim B
Baltimore Orioles - Ryan H
Boston Red Sox - Matt (Diamond Jesters)
Chicago Cubs - Nick
Chicago White Sox - defgav
Cincinnati Reds - Nachos Grande
Cleveland Indians - OhioTim
Colorado Rockies - Tracy's Box Breaks
Detroit Tigers - Dennis
Miami Marlins - 
Houston Astros - Bru
Kansas City Royals - Josh D
Los Angeles Angels - The Angels in Order
Los Angeles Dodgers - bbcardz
Milwaukee Brewers - Matt (Summer of '74)
Minnesota Twins - gcrl
New York Mets - Mike
New York Yankees - Bo
Oakland Athletics - Fuji
Philadelphia Phillies - Scott Crawford
Pittsburgh Pirates - Bob Walk the Plank
St. Louis Cardinals - Cards on Cards
San Diego Padres - Rod (Padrographs)
San Francisco Giants - Nick Vossbrink
Seattle Mariners - David G
Tampa Bay Rays - Jeremya1um
Texas Rangers - 
Toronto Blue Jays - Captain Canuck
Washington Nationals - defgav

25 comments :

  1. Can I take the Yankees? I already know I owe you lots of cards. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I take the Rays please? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to ge in on this, but I'm not a team collector and I'd rather let people who really want a team get them first. Cool break though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dodgers please. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love the Royals, please. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have stayed in school for baseball cards, not that I didn't stay anyway. I'll choose the twins and share with brian.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! Could I snag the Washington Nationals?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll claim the Red Sox slot, thanks! I know I've got some cards I can send!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I grab the Braves please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in for the Phillies, if no one's beaten me to 'em! I need to dig up some cards for you, anyhoo. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dang, in for the Astros. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll take the Cubs if they're still available, much thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always miss out on the Bravos.... How about some Jays then please?

    ReplyDelete
  14. NY Mets, if possible. Thanks so much for holding a break!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll take the Orioles if they are available.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whoa. Hadn't even heard of these. I'll take Giants.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 5 teams left. If anyone who has already claimed a team wants to claim another one, have at it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seattle Mariners please, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I could also for for the Seattle Mariners. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow,., missed out by a minute. LOL.. White Sox then I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.