Saturday, June 20, 2020

Free Stuff Saturday? Vol. 4


It's like #FreeStuffFriday but a day late. UPDATED 06/22/2020 9:40 PM PDT

I wasn't able to do the usual Free Stuff thing yesterday due to work obligations and a planned power outage at home. Rather than just skip a week, I thought I'd throw this up here on a Saturday. Does anyone have any fun weekend plans? Same rules for these as always. Please read if you haven't done this before. Click/tap on the images to make them larger, and let me know if you have any questions.

First up is a small plastic Cubs helmet that I've had since I was a kid. I believe I got it from Dairy Queen, with ice cream inside? I clearly had no say in what team I was given. The Score Rookie & Traded set is factory sealed, but has an indentation on the box that should be visible in the picture. Do you want to take your chances with this, or should we break it open and feast on the goo inside? (Score set is claimed for now.)


Here's a couple more SI For Kids sheets. These can be broken up easily, but Billy Kingsley claimed the full sheets last week. I'm open to either option, but anything oversized may take a bit of time and money before I can ship it out. (My trips to the post office are still limited at this point.) CLAIMED


Legends. CLAIMED: Jackie Robinson, Jesse Owens, Pele, Babe Ruth


Here's a postcard of the 1991-92 New York Knicks team just chillin' in casualwear at the park. I need one of those lawn chairs.


This is a more standard team photo of the 1992-93 Orlando Magic. Shaq's rookie year.


This is a team issued (blank back) oversized card of Hot Rod Williams. This is the last of (I think) my stash of free stuff I got in the mail from NBA teams when I was in high school.


Here's a couple of 1993 GameDay sheets from a McDonald's promo. This one must be a regional thing as it's all Seahawks. I have no recollection as to how I got these, but they're both in really nice shape considering how long I've owned them. CLAIMED


This one is all Hall of Famers, although Sterling never made the Pro Hall. When he wasn't injured, he was certainly worthy. CLAIMED


On to the 9-pockets! This is the contents of an entire pack of Panini Golden Age. The Bill Russell card is pretty nice. The Pro set cards came out of a weird multi-sport promo packs, but the cards themselves show no indication of being promos. The Paul George Mosaic card was possibly sent to me by mistake in an eBay box break.


These are all glossy-style 1987 Fleer Update cards. Perhaps a few team collectors need one of these?


More glossy updates, plus a Honus Bonus parallel and a mini.


Random things. CLAIMED: Dozier, Ohtani, Mauer, Posey


Lastly, here are some multi-team cards and some cards with no MLB teams at all. CLAIMED: Trout, Franconas, both Goudey 4-in-1s

15 comments :

  1. I'd be interested in the first SI Kids sheet, intact please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like the Seahawks sheet, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like that Jackie Legends card if you're breaking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this! I would love the Topps Chrome Dozier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trout gold card and the McDonald’s nfl sheet thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I claim Ohtani and the Franconas, por favor?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joe Mauer mlb debut card please and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would be happy to have the two Upper Deck Goudey 4-in-1s with José Reyes. And if we turn that Score set into a group break, I'd like to claim the Mets! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since NO wanted to break up the SI Legends sheet, can I get the Jesse Owens, Pele, and Babe Ruth please?

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are willing to keep the Score set as a whole, I would be interested in it as a complete set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is updated now. I'm going to keep the Score set intact unless there happens to be a lot more interest in individual cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IIRC there's an Eric Lindros in that Score set which is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  13. If it's still available, can I get the Posey from the "Random Things" page? Much thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brett- I can't find contact info for you. If you happen to read this, please shoot me an email at (this blog name)@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like all of the Panini Golden Age cards,plus the Paul George,Pro Set racing card,and Tom Barrasso Pro Set card in the same 9 card block,plus The Ferocious Fellows Allen And Ginter card,and the Allen And Ginter Card next to that one.I would also like the Donruss Adrian Beltre,2018 Topps Ian Beckham,both of the remaining 2 Topps Stat Kings from the last 9 card panel you posted on the page,plus the Air Supremacy and Coincidence Allen and Ginters on the bottom part of that panel,plus the oversized John "Hot Rod" Williams Cavaliers card.Thanks:).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.