Wednesday, July 21, 2010

First Time Trade with a '71 Topps Enthusiast

I recently completed a trade with mrtrentd who runs the 1971 Topps Baseball Cards Blog, one of many enthusiasts of the tough-to-satisfy 1971 Topps set. I didn't end up with any vintage cards of my own, but I did get plenty of vintage-inspired cards from the 2010 Topps Heritage set including some key Cardinals.

Yadi is on fire! If I didn't already have good catching situations on my various fantasy teams (I almost always end up with McCann and Buster Posey was my go-to prospect gamble this year) I would definitely think about snapping up the bestest of the Molina brothers. He had a very sub-standard first half, but things are going well for him of late.

Someone apparently half-heartedly edited Delgado's Wikipedia page to make him a member of the Los Angeles Angels today. Last week, someone decided Chris Paul was a Portland Trail Blazer, though, so go figure.

Along with the Heritage loot was a formidable pile of Cardinals cards including most, if not all, of the 1991 Fleer team set. Why did I choose to show a checklist, then? For whatever reason I completely forgot that Fleer breaks their checklists up by groups of teams. Most of the past sets have the team logos on them as well, but I now realize that I have some digging to do as far as finding these cards as I definitely do want the ones with Cardinals team checklists on them. Yes, a team collector has a right to be picky at an obnoxious level.

Here's a 1989 Panini sticker, which reminds me that I have a post about stickers that I need to attend to soon. It's not actually about this set, but it's very close.

1 comment :

  1. I wouldn't mind the Yanks taking on Delgado for a bat off the bench. Low risk/high reward deal... much like the Red Sox did last year. Then again, that didn't work out too well for them.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.