Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Three Shiny Cards and NBCD

A quick wrap on a #CrackinWaxMailDay from @CrackinWax and a brand new card. 

Last week's package-o'-mail from Crackin' Wax was a fairly light one as I sat out many of the breaks because they weren't a good fit for me. I did jump all over a 2018 Finest break, because it's tough for me to stay away from anything with Jack Flaherty in it.

It's just a base card, but the odds came down in my favor, as I landed another Flaherty rookie that I didn't already own. I haven't officially added him to my list of PCs yet, but I'm on high alert for his cards, especially in 2014 and 2018.


One of the boxes was one of those Donruss Optic megawhatevers, where this "Shock" parallel of Carlos Martinez was pulled. I like the solidly colored parallels in Optic a lot better than these, to be honest.


I also picked up, not from Crackin' Wax but from good ol' eBay, this Yadier Molina from this year's National Baseball Card Day giveaway. Of course, this wasn't a giveaway to me, because I live a million miles away from the nearest card shop and everything is closed anyway. Let's just say the price was right (ugh, I guess?) The design is kind of loud and looks more like a Topps flagship insert thing from around a decade or so ago. Unlike previous years, there's not going to be any stadium giveaway team sets with this design for obvious reasons, so I can consider my 2020 National Baseball Card Day situation to be completely resolved now.

Full stats! You've gotta love that. There's really no bio information at all here, though.

3 comments :

  1. I like the full career stats as well. Leave the bio info to the flashy sets.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.