Saturday, November 8, 2008

Good Luck Ducks, Week 11

The Ducks are coming off, quite frankly, a terrible game that they should have won. In their defense, they were forced to play in the worst field conditions I have ever seen in a college football game, in a brutally windy constant downpour in Berkeley, CA on a field that had no drainage system whatsoever. This is where coaching and senior leadership should have stepped up and persevered, but it didn't. I really don't want to dwell on that game any more than I have already, though, but I will say that for the second time this season Mike Bellotti's personnel decisions directly influenced things in a negative way and I'll leave it at that.

The Ducks are back at home in Eugene this afternoon and facing an 80% chance of rain according to weather.com. They'll be taking on Stanford, and given how this season has gone it could easily be a blowout for either side. It "never rains at Autzen Stadium", however, so I won't believe the forecast until I see it for myself on TV.

Steve Hardin was huge. He played the barely appreciated position of offensive tackle. He apparently played exactly one NFL game, for the Colts in 1996. This is another one of the mislabeled "1992" cards. There is a nice shot of QB Danny O'Neil in the background. I'm saving his card for a later day.

Hardin never ducked anything. Seriously.

By the way - don't miss the message. Fire prevention truly is Everyone's Goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.