Saturday, November 21, 2009

Project 2007 Heritage: Volume 3

Here is the final portion of the 17 packs of 2007 Topps Heritage that I picked up recently. 2010 Heritage previews have hit the internet at full force, but there's no time to even think about that now with all of the stuff that I'm missing from past Heritage sets.

Pack 13:
444 - Joe Mauer (MVP? I don't even care who wins these stupid awards anymore, but Mauer would be deserving of such an award if there was a legitimate one.)
327 - Chicago Cubs
165 - Garret Anderson
345 - Brad Ausmus
FB9 - Richie Ashburn Flashbacks (My first Flashbacks insert from this set as far as I can recall.)

487 - Vernon Wells All-Star (Wells has the worst contract in all of baseball from what I hear. Possibly the worst ever.)
226 - Brian Rogers (Another one of these stealth rookies that I've never heard of.)
324 - Anibal Sanchez

Pack 14:
300 - Scott Schoeneweis
372 - Carlos Zambrano
64 - Tim Hudson
435 - B.J. Ryan
FB9 - Richie Ashburn Flashbacks (Again.)
324 - Anibal Sanchez (Again.)
342 - Daryle Ward

216 - St. Louis Cardinals (At least I can't complain too much about a Cardinals double.)

Pack 15:
445 - Miguel Montero
12 - Scott Hatteberg

409 - Frank Thomas (The Big Hurt looks kind of strange in Jays gear.)

310 - Ryan Howard ("Phila. Phils."? Really?)

266 - Andy Pettitte (SP) (In terms of sheer star power, this is probably the best pack you'll see. The short printed Pettitte card is just a bonus.)

485 - Vladimir Guerrero All-Star (All of these faces... they're so... close...)
484 - Alfonso Soriano All-Star
161 - Huston Street

Pack 16:
111 - Jeff Francis
481 - Alex Rodriguez All-Star
129 - Jerry Owens
229 - Mike Napoli

42 - David Murphy Chrome 0674/1956 (Not bad... another shiny card. Two chromes and a chrome refractor in 17 packs definitely beats the odds.)
53 - Jose Valentin
451 - Hector Gimenez
396 - Travis Chick (I totally forgot about this Mariners prospect of the time.)

Pack 17:
228 - Shawn Green
191 - Jonathan Broxton (Saw this one in an earlier pack.)
201 - Carlos Lee (Him too.)
398 - Reggie Abercrombie

FB1 - Al Kaline Flashbacks (Nice! And it's not Richie Ashburn for the 3rd time...)
107 - Garrett Atkins
235 - Julio Lugo
189 - Sean Marshall

And that is that. I'm off to a card show later today, and I'll be on the lookout for more $1 Heritage packs, although I'm not going to count on it. For now, I just need to work on my want lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.