Monday, December 21, 2009

They're Gr-r-reat!

At the monthly card show I seem to frequent there's one dealer that is always there, and without fail there's always large bin of $1 packs sitting on the floor. Many of the packs seem to be rather mishandled and few are all that tempting to me, but every once in awhile something catches my eye. I took a shot on a pack of 2002 Fleer Greats one time and enjoyed it so much that I went back for 2 more packs last weekend. My comments will be brief. I'm just going to try and let the pictures tell the story.

Pack 1:

97 - Bobby Bonds

88 - Stan Musial (This will look good in my Cardinals binder.)

48 - Joe Morgan

35 - Satchel Paige (His brief MLB career stats on the back obviously don't do him justice.)

38 - Roger Maris

Pack 2:

41 - Christy Mathewson

11 - Orlando Cepeda

98 - Bill Terry (The backs and plain and simple. Just the stats, that's all. I like it.)

64 - Frank Howard

33 - Ty Cobb

Pack 3:

42 - Tony Lazzeri


12 of 29 DD - Duke Snider / Bob Gibson Dueling Duos (Nice looking insert card.)

13 - Walter Johnson

74 - Don Mattingly (Some might complain about Mattingly's inclusion here, but not me.)

71 - Sparky Anderson

I might have to look for more of this stuff. It sure beats some of the retail junk that they try to get you for at $1.99 or $2.99 a pop these days.

1 comment :

  1. This is a great set. One of many cool sets that came out when I wasn't collecting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.