Tuesday, April 10, 2012

30 Teams in 30 Posts: #8


I can see the light at the end of the tunnel... and it's a TRAAAAAAAIN! AHHH! Seriously, though, after this post I only have 7 teams left to run through. At this point, it should be all wrapped up by the time the playoffs start, right?

The Rockies are one of those teams that I could definitely see myself rooting for if I ever lived in the Denver area, as long as it didn't conflict with the Cardinals in any way. You could say the same thing about most of the teams in my top ten if I ended up in the home market of that team. Still, the Rockies are a National League foe and have been a threat in recent years, so you won't see me rushing out to buy any purple hats anytime soon. Have I also mentioned that I'm not all that fond of the color purple?


Favorite current Rockies player: Troy Tulowitzki. Tulo is just plain easy to root for. It also helps that he plays at a position that it's very difficult to excel at, and yet he manages to do it.


Least favorite current Rockies player: Jason Giambi. I don't know, I'm not very down on Giambi really, despite the whole steroids issue. I'm just lukewarm to him and I can't really find faults with any other prominent name on their roster.


Favorite Rockies player of all-time: Larry Walker. I decided to disqualify Matt Holliday, despite the fact that I was a big fan of his before the Cardinals even grabbed him. It's just that with the contract he has and the good years he still has left in the league, he'll probably go down in the annals as a Cardinal more than anything else. On the other hand, Larry Walker was great and his time with St. Louis was relatively brief.


Least favorite Rockies player of all-time: Andres Galarraga. I'll never remember anything more about Galarraga other than his absolutely horrifying single season with the Cardinals in 1992. He would go on to hit .370 (!) with the Rockies the following season, making the All-Star team.

The Colorado Rockies sneak in at #8 in my reverse-ranking of favorite teams as of the moment I picked them a long, long time ago on October 4th, 2010. All of these cards are very much up for trade, so please contact me if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.