Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Contest Winners of Radness


The Radness finally came to a conclusion last night, with the Kansas Jayhawks tempting, teasing and threatening to make things interesting before finally succumbing to the overall favorite Kentucky. Although the lead was double digits for most of the game, the championship at least never approaching the low watermark set by last year's finale.

This also means we've got winners. To no great surprise (to me), Colonel Panic (aka Elf Captain) took first prize as he also won his very own pool. Stats on the Back takes second place, which is rather embarrassing, as I haven't mailed out his prize from the last contest. I guess this will end up being a super monstrous package. Jon from Community Gum takes third place, while Tenets of Wilson "wins" the prize for worst bracket.

I just realized I didn't finalize the prizes, so I will announce those soon and get addresses and so forth.


Meanwhile, in Trade Bait of the Week news, here's a card that's up for grabs that I received in part for winning a share of a fantasy league last year. Most reasonable offers will be considered, though you should be aware that the upper right corner is kind of chipped off.


The only thing I'm looking for in exchange for this 2010 Brooks Robinson SP is a Cardinals SP (or non-Cardinals Ozzie Smith) from the base set from any of the past few years. I don't have any of them, so it would be nice to get ahold of one or two. I also have a George Sisler 2009 Topps SP that I am willing to part with. I can always throw in some extra cards if this peaks anyone's interest.

4 comments :

  1. Kendall Marshall breaking a bone in his hand really killed my brackets. I really feel that UNC could've taken out Kentucky had Marshall been healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in the Eric Davis. As long as you are not looking for an auto in return (i do not have many), I'm sure I can muster something appropriately cardy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, what? 3rd? The last time I looked I was in 20-somethingth with a couple of my final fours already out. I'll take it! Thanks for the contest, it's always a blast.
    --Jon

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.