Thursday, August 16, 2012

Heartbreaking Realization


I had a Heartbreaking Realization that I failed, once again, to send my end of a trade before it was time to post about what I got in return. Yikes. I will try to do better next time. In the meantime, here's my stuff. This whole thing started innocently enough with a stray 2008 Heritage High Series short print of Mr. Longer Hands.


I don't have many Triple Theads cards. I have been buying my way in to a lot of group breaks lately, but I just can't seem to get myself to go for anything costly. These cards are nice, though. Very nice. This Gibby card has a bumpy surface, which is kind of fun.


I received two different Rogers Hornsby Triple Threads cards. I opted to show the one with the photo I've seen used the least. There must be a file cabinet full of photos of old-timers at Topps HQ somewhere, and I'm imagining some players only having a couple of pictures in their file based on how often I see some of them recycled.


Speaking of recycled photos, here's the crud-eatin' grin of Johnny Mize on a 2010 Triple Threads canvas. The photo is cropped strangely.


A few of the cards were from the current Ginter set. I'm torn between buying a couple of blasters of Ginter and finally buying myself a hobby Heritage box.


Well, I'm off to hastily fulfill my part of the trade and will make a trip to the post office tomorrow. Click on the Super Ozzie for a super surprise. (Actually, there's no surprise, unless you count the foreign object that invaded my scanner glass.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.