Monday, August 1, 2011

Trading with Play at the Plate... Again!

I received another package from the excellent Play at the Plate a few weeks back. Clearly, I'm in catch-up mode here as the number of packages waiting around for my words far exceed the amount of time I've been putting into creating said words. Since I'm sure you already know about Play at the Plate, why don't you go on ahead and enter his August contest already. He seems to have a contest at least once a month and it's usually very easy to participate. In any case... free cards!

The majority of the package included 2011 Topps Heritage cards. Thanks to Play at the Plate and other bloggers and readers, I'm making some good progress on this set. It would be nice to get down to only chasing inserts and short prints by, say, the end of the month or so. I really want to collect all of the Black cards, too, so any help there is greatly appreciated. I haven't seen those value packs on the racks in awhile so I'm not sure how many of these cards exist.

Here's another project I'm slowly chipping away at. I wish I had collected the 50th Anniversary rookie cup cards back when they were still new as I'm sure I would have had better luck in completing this set. I suppose that's what the internet is for, though.

It's a shiny, refractorized Carp card! As I often say, these things are always appreciated around Cards on Cards central.

Finally, here's a really nice looking "manupatch" of Hall of Famer Orlando Cepeda from the 2010 Topps Series 2 set. I like receiving these, even if they aren't truly historic. I don't think this particular All-Star game had the most attractive logo, however.

1 comment :

  1. I should have some Heritage and some other stuff you need. Once I go through it I'll let you know what I come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are highly encouraged, but then again, so is eating your fruits and vegetables.